# of divers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The enchanted picnic

There is a secret spot I frequent which I've found to be quite lovely for an afternoon lunch.

It's in a green emerald-like meadow, sprinkled with enough trees to keep you cool and shady.


The best part?

It's directly beneath the flight path.


Here, you can lie on your back for hours on end and gaze up at the undersides of aircraft grazing just above, while laughing in the roar of their path.

One could easily convince themselves that just a stretch up would allow you to touch the belly of the giant bird flying overhead. 

You may even find yourself trying to do so.

It's an incredible experience to be had. 

I wish to bring a portable vintage player upon my return to the sacred picnicspot, to listen to old records while feasting upon the following:

dainty, polite sandwiches
slightly sweet cherry scones 
fresh berries with cream and slivered almonds
a plate of fine tasting cheeses
a featherweight spongy teacake 
icy bottles of fresh lemonade in little mason jars

eat me

drink me

savor me

devour me

inhale me

favor me

indulge me

tranquil me

When was the last time you treated yourself to an enchanting picnic?

If you can't remember, it's time to pick up and pack up a picnic basket. 

Don't forget to bring an old camera to take pictures of the skyplanes.

x
         

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...