# of divers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Didn't Win the Lottery?

Well, it's back to the regularly scheduled program of working for a living for those of us who didn't win the lottery mega millions. I honestly believe not buying a lotto ticket didn't bring me any closer to the grand winnings than it would  have had I bought a hot ticket.


So before you throw out your millionaire wish list, try to remember that if you're lucky enough to have a good friend, a loving family, food on the table, a cozy place to retire when the day is done, and you continue to wake up alive each day, then you've already won.

You can be wealthy without being rich.

There are wonderful riches in your life right now
practice noticing them.

x
        

4 comments:

Cristian said...

SO true.

Ringo Firefly said...

Indeed... Although I must confess that for a fleeting moment I did consider becoming Batman with my winnings. Thanks for stopping by x

Marie said...

"You can be wealthy without being rich."

Precisely. I don't mean this to sound like it came straight from a patronising self help book, but I find that it's the little things in life that mean the most. Things that happen with or without a Lottery win. A favourite meal, or a hug from a friend. Now I'm sounding really corny, but I honestly do mean it.

Don't get me wrong, there are certainly things that I'd use the money for, but I don't actually need a win. There's nothing I need that I could only have if I won the Lottery.

And I'd be afraid of a big win changing me. However much I'd like to believe that I'd stay the same, you'd need a remarkably disciplined mind in order completely keep your feet on the ground.

Ringo Firefly said...

Thank you kindly for the insight Marie! I like the come as you are you. She's unparalled, and there is no one here who is more you'er than you. Don't change a thing, mega millions or not x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...