# of divers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cheese School Part Deux

What a hustley-bustley sort of schedule I've planned for this week, as I once again take to the skies. Skeedaddling from the comfort of home yet again, only this time I've set my sails to the Oregon parts of the world.


Elated to spend the next several days with Steve Jones, 1st place winner of the 2011 Cheesemonger Invitational.


With 17 years in the business, Steve is Portland's finest Cheese Chieftain, an industry bad ass, a real cheese plating jedimaster, and a true raw milk rockstar. 

Oh, I do hope I don't become overly smitten and starstruck in the presence of such cheesy greatness!


Over the next four days, I'm scheduled for some intense training at his fine establishment, Cheese Bar


I'll be joining fellow mongers from Northern California, Washington State, British Columbia, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and upstate New York in an effort to soak up all that there is to know about the craft and business of retailing artisan cheese.

School is in session beginning tonight, promptly at 6pm. There's not a moment to lose! Chop Chop now!

Perhaps I shall commission this trip as: 
Portlandia, The Cheese Tour?


I do hope you can forgive my disappearing act over the next several days. I've much studying to do at the Halls of Fromage if my dreams are to come to fruition and I am to get onto the playing field with the finest of worldly cheesemongers.


Stay tuned for cheesy updates!

x
        

2 comments:

Armida said...

You had me at "cheese!" Have fun, Ms. Ringo!

Ringo Firefly said...

Thanks ladymiss!!! Having heaps of it thus far. Can't wait to see what the remainder of the week has in store for us x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...