# of divers

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobbledygook

Awoke this fine morning and began counting my teeth with my tongue while giving much thought to this given holiday.


To be perfectly honest, I find Thanksgiving to be a odd little American holiday, gathering around a rather large pheasant type bird, surrounded by ears of ornamental Indian corn everywhere (except for on a dinner plate),  the rather inaccurate historical recounts of happy Indians and men wearing buckles upon their hats, shoes, and belts to gather round a bountiful feast in celebration.


But along with the Presidential pardoning of turkeys and a giant inflated Elmo taking to the streets of Manhattan in the name of corporate tradition, is indeed a day of thanksgiving, not misgiving.

I'm learning more and more with each passing day that perhaps being thankful means recognizing what you have for what it is.


I am thankful for cold weather, as it serves as a kind reminder of how lovely the warm weather is,
and equally for the warm weather that allows us to truly appreciate taking comfort in snuggling up during the cooler days.

For colossal sweaters and bright leaves

I am thankful for the bad things that happened along the way, for they truly opened my eyes to the good things I wasn't paying attention to.


I am thankful for all those who I've bumbled and stumbled onto my lifepath, both good and bad, past and present, for you have all shaped the person I am today.

I am thankful for being comfortable with what I know, and comfortable with what I don't know,
and maybe even a little thankful for the things I'll never know.


I am especially grateful for this day,
to spend it with family, and the friends that became family along the way.

I do hope that you too, have many things to appreciate today and everyday,

no matter what life has served up for you.


Lotso grubgobblin' happies to you and yours today. 

Enjoy the love and the food coma my lil' tryptophanatic treasures!

x
        

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...